We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring Teacher of Maths to join the department, from September 2020, on a full time or part time basis. This position is suitable for NQT and those returning to teaching.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. Ofsted judged the school “Outstanding in all areas”. Our three-year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking teacher who meets the criteria below:
- A well-qualified teacher of maths who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
- The ability to teach A level would be an advantage
- A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
- The ability to motivate students, with an and innovative approach to classroom practice
- A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the spreading of good practice
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- A passion for excellence and for the subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am, Monday 24 February 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.