Job Title: Teacher of Maths with Head of Year
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR 2C
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Head of Year who is dedicated and keen to join our hard working, approachable and supportive performing pastoral team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help support the curriculum and department. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils alike and possess the necessary drive and determination to bring about rapid and sustained improvements.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
As a Head of Year, you will lead a family tutor team and be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the behavior, health, safety, personal, social and emotional welfare of students within your designated year group. You will provide support and guidance and co-ordinate all non-academic interventions to students in your year group. In addition you will teach Maths across the age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level. You will work within a highly motivated and friendly department who aim to develop necessary knowledge, understanding and skills. The successful candidate will have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate within the department.
• Have experience of providing pastoral support/interventions to students
• Have a clear understanding of pastoral and student guidance issues in schools
• Be committed to driving and raising whole school standards and expectations in particular behaviour and attendance.
• Have excellent communication, organization and data analysis skills
• Have the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
• Show evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Interview date: Friday 24th May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.