Lodge Park Academy is now recruiting for a Teacher of Media Studies. This role could be the ideal next step in your career. This role will have a start date of April 2019 or sooner if possible
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
To be an effective teacher (and tutor) who supports and challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
32.5 hours per week – full time – permanent role
Salary & Benefits
- M1-UPS3 (£23,720-£39,406)
- Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status Degree/PGCR
- Nationally recognised teaching qualification
- Evidence of recent CPD/In-Service Training
- Proven leadership experience
- Outstanding classroom teacher at Key Stages 3,4,and 5
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven track record of measurable impact as an individual teacher and at a department level
- Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
- Contribute to whole school initiatives
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current developments in teaching, learning, assessment and curriculum
- Experience of leading professional development
- Use of innovative approaches to driving up standards
- Effective use of data to improve learning and progress
- Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them
- Able to create a team ethos
- Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate
- Able to seek and understand development opportunities for self and others
- Committed to career progression and own professional development
About Lodge Park Academy
We are proud to be one of the largest education providers in our community. We are moving towards our goal of becoming the best secondary school in Corby.
You will be a skilled professional who can bring your passion for teaching to our students who have ambition and a genuine desire to succeed. You will inspire and motivate our students to achieve their potential.
Corby, which is undergoing regeneration, has an excellent range of social and leisure facilities. As well as boasting lower than average property prices, the area in centrally located with good transport links to London and many other parts of the country.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Lodge Park Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants