Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish and/or German)
Required for September 2021
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Are you ready to transform student outcomes in our MFL department, our current curriculum teaches both Spanish and German?
Northern Education Trust - Kearsley Academy would like to present you with a truly exceptional opportunity to play a key role in shaping the provision of secondary education and lifelong learning prospects within our ambitious and thriving academy.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic, dynamic and ambitious practitioner.
Kearsley Academy is an inclusive school. We strive to provide an educational experience which focuses upon academic success, enjoyment and participation and engenders a sense of community and belonging.
We are a rapidly growing school, with a genuinely inspirational and aspirational culture and in recent years we have won numerous local and national awards:
• Top twenty Most Improved School Nationally (2017-2018 and 2018-2019)
• Bolton Secondary School of the Year Award (2019)
• Bolton Secondary School Student of the Year Award (2019)
• National Award Winners: Outstanding Progress (Secondary) Award (2020-2021)
• Featured on BBC National News for our view on GCSE announcement (2020-2021)
Kearsley Academy is part of Northern Education Trust, a nationally recognised and trusted multi academy trust with vast experience of school improvement.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher with the drive and capacity to really thrive in this role and to become a truly outstanding leader.
• Have a clear vision of how to improve standards in MFL.
• Be able to lead, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
• Be resilient, hard-working, solution focused and whole heartedly committed to transforming student outcomes.
What you can expect from us:
• Excellent opportunities for your professional development with access to a specifically tailored CPD package. You will receive the highest standard of induction and CPD support.
• Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well-resourced department.
• Students with a thirst for learning and success.
Further details are available from Amy Platt, PA to Principal via email@example.com
To apply for this post candidates should submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4, font size 12, normal margins. The letter should outline their experience to date and their suitability for the post. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept CV’s - applicants must submit a Northern Education Trust application form.
Closing date: 19th April 2021 at noon
Interviews: to be confirmed
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclose and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our pupils.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to the Northern Education Trust Kearsley Academy website. We hope you enjoy it and are able to gain a good understanding of our Academy and the vision and values that underpin all of the work that we do here at Kear...