There has never been a more exciting time to join HVS with our 'Outstanding' ofsted rating, brand new building and relentless commitment to developing our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, talented and rigorous Teacher of French /Teacher of Spanish/ Teacher of French and Spanish to join our dedicated faculty in helping the School on its journey to becoming an established and outstanding community School.
The successful candidate will have the exciting and unique opportunity to shape a KS3, KS4 and KS5 curriculum which is bespoke, challenging and fit for the needs of 21st century life. The ability to also teach German to KS3 would be desirable.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who embraces creativity, innovation and is always looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
We are extremely proud of our Languages For All Policy and in particular that our students learn two Languages at KS3, many then continuing with two Languages at GCSE.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Opening a STEAM focussed academic 6th Form in September 2023
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with a designated area for the Languages Faculty
- Our staff have access to a cycle to work scheme, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and convenient free parking at our School
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff
- The School is committed to offering bespoke professional development pathways to all members of staff and would ensure the successful candidate has a development programme in place
- A bachelor's degree at a 2.1 or higher in a relevant discipline
- You will have Qualified teacher status through a PGCE, GTP or other international equivalent
- You will have experience of teaching at KS3/KS4
- You will have experience of designing and delivering exciting, challenging and personalised lessons
- You can show evidence of holding high aspirations for young people
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 18th April 2021
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
Hoe Valley School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years