Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish).
This is a part-time role offered on a 0.7 to 0.8 FTE.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent school, based in Hertfordshire. The school is looking to add a Teacher of MFL to its progressive and supportive MFL Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of MFL (French and Spanish) at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of MFL to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“The schoolis a highly successful school, set in beautiful Hertfordshire countryside close to London.
We are seeking a well-qualified candidate to provide inspirational teaching and to support the MFL Department in its excellent work. The candidate should be an accomplished linguist and be keen to contribute to the wider life of the School. The ability to teach French to Key Stage 4 would be an advantage.
Teaching at the school you will have motivated students, an idyllic setting and plenty of opportunity for initiative and career progression. Our benefits package includes a generous and flexible pension scheme, free lunch and refreshments, ample parking, use of school grounds and facilities.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant MFL (French and Spanish) Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering MFL (French and Spanish) up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1418171 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1418171 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...