Applications are invited for the full-time position of Teacher of MFL at Surbiton High Boys’ Preparatory School, a selective, highly over-subscribed, 4-11 independent school in Kingston-upon-Thames.
The school has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish; we put great emphasis on the well-being and personal development of each individual. The school is also strong in academic achievement; we expect good results from our students in all subjects and have students of above average ability who are highly motivated and achieve positive Value-Added at the 11+.
Job Purpose: To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the Subject of French and Spanish to provide an environment where pupils develop academically and socially in an independent and self-confident way
- To teach French and Spanish as required to a class of pupils, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher
- To teach any required subjects to other groups and classes, as reasonably required
- To maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 1 and2 curriculumand assessment procedures.
- To be committed to academic excellence and develop and implement programmes of study to ensure that each pupil develops at a good pace through differentiated planning and teaching
- To use a range of ICT equipment and software appropriate to the year group
- To provide a stimulating learning environment through display, that is routinely maintained
- To maintain full and informative records efficiently
- To documented planning for the short, medium and long term
- To support colleagues as necessary and cooperatively to work as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET
- To undertake duties before, during and after school as required
- To participate in co-curricular school activities including clubs and residential field trips
- To attend school functions
- To be committed to the personal development of the pupils in the form and take responsibility for their welfare and social well-being
- To develop effective professional relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents
- To keep the Head fully informed of any significant developments concerning any pupil in the form
- To perform any other duties as reasonably required by the Principal
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification.
- Evidence of further relevant professional development.
- A good up to date knowledge of the KS2 Curriculum, including National Curriculum and ISEB.
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues.
- Experience of teaching National Curriculum or ISEB at Key Stage 2.
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance both in terms of attainment and progress.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents.
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life.
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision.
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for applications: 8:00am, Thursday 23 September 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 27 September 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surbiton High Prep Schools are culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Surbiton High Boys' Preparatory School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Boys school with students of age 4 - 11 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...