Four Dwellings Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) a network of over 60 secondary, primary and special academies.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Quinton in Birmingham and we are within easy commute from Birmingham city centre. Ofsted judged us as a ‘good academy’ in May 2017 Stating ‘This school is a highly inclusive and united community where all are welcome. Leaders at all levels, teachers and support staff have high aspirations for pupils.’
In 2018 we celebrated a Progress 8 score of +0.27 MFL value added score of 1.1. We want Four Dwellings to lead the way in teaching excellence and for all our staff and students to develop their maximum potential. Get on board and make a real difference to our children and to your career.
We are looking for an innovative Teacher to join our dynamic team who are dedicated to providing the best possible opportunities to our students. Our focus is always on student progression and attainment and the successful candidate will be committed to achieving this. You will have the ability to inspire, enthuse and encourage students to enjoy their learning, leading to a desire to achieve their highest potential. Applications from both experienced Teachers and Newly Qualified Teachers would be welcomed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about French and languages
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Four Dwellings Academy ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jade Burton, PA to the Principal, on email@example.com
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
Closing date is: Monday 21 January 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place Friday 25 January 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.