Required: January 2020 (willing to hold position open until Easter for the right candidate)
We are seeking a part-time French and/or Spanish Teacher to join our team at The Danes Educational Trust. The role is based at Croxley Danes School, our new, mixed, state secondary school as it builds on its outstanding first two years of operation and prepares to move into its state-of-the-art building on its permanent site in Croxley Green at Easter 2020.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A passion for Modern Foreign Languages and for education in its widest sense
• Experience of teaching French and/or Spanish at KS3 and KS4
• Experience of teaching French and/or Spanish at KS5 is desirable but not essential
We can offer:
• A part-time contract of minimum 0.50 FTE, maximum 0.80 FTE
• A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and already provides a high quality education to its first three cohorts of students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at its permanent location where its buildings are currently under construction. The new school will be ready Easter 2020. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area.
If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website
• Applications to be sent to Mrs D Gamble (Recruitment Manager) by 10am on 5th December 2019. We reserve the right to close this advert early, should a suitable candidate be found; therefore, early application is advised.
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
• Interview date – w/c 9th December 2019
Websites: www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.croxleydanes.org.uk
Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW - Tel: 01923 589699