Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages – Spanish/French
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages to join our wonderful department. We are particularly searching for a teacher who can offer Spanish/French up to Key Stage 4. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment which staff are welcome to use after school hours and a brand new Sixth Form block opened in September 2019.
We are seeking a MFL teacher to help further the success of our Modern Foreign Languages Department. You will play an integral role in taking responsibility for raising the standards of attainment for all students through a high standard of learning and teaching. We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner that is able to bring ideas, energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to the role.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
· Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences to all students
· Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
· To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
· To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will
· Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering good MFL lessons.
· Can teacher either Spanish or French advantageous to teach both.
· Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
· Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
· Use data to inform target setting and planning.
Start date September 2021
Salary MPS/UPS £25,714-£41,604 FTE (dependent of experience) actual pro rata £15,428-£24,962
Job Role Part-time 0.6, Permanent (Full-time with another subject)
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
The Chalk Hills Academy
Luton, by Stockwood Park Golf Club and Luton Rugby Club
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years