Principal: Mrs A Sweeten
New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. New College Durham, is our lead sponsor and both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages MPS/UPS
North Durham Academy are looking to appoint a Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (ideally a Spanish specialist), to commence employment in September 2021.
The agenda is challenging, but for the right individual this presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a real difference and a lasting contribution to our journey in becoming outstanding providers of education. We are committed to lifelong learning and can provide a bespoke CPD package to support your professional development, whether you are starting out in your career or simply looking for a greater teaching experience.
We can offer:
• A bespoke CPD package for all staff
• The chance to work in state-of-the-art facilities
• An IPad/ICT device for all teaching staff
• Additional staff benefits i.e. discounted membership rates at local leisure facilities.
We are looking for a colleague who is:
• Good or Outstanding
• Able to raise students’ aspirations and attainment
• Able to plan lessons and ensure the use of assessment is effective in securing student progress
• Able to contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Has high expectations of their students
• Consistently models excellent practice and has students' achievement and progress at the forefront of their teaching.
Applications can be submitted via TES online or alternatively, an application pack, job description and person specification please visit our website: https://www.northdurhamacademy.co.uk/about-us/vacancies
Completed applications should be submitted via TES on-line or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Midday on Wednesday 19th May 2021. Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Applicants should assume they have been unsuccessful if we have not contacted them within 28 days of the post-closing.
New College Durham Academies Trust is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and will undertake the appropriate employment checks to meet this commitment.
North Durham Academy
Stanley, Co Durham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
NORTH DURHAM ACADEMY - NEW CAMPUS
In September 2013, the Academy moved into a spectacular new £30 million campus in the centre of Stanley, County Durham. These fantastic facilities provide an outstanding learning environment for our studen...