Full time post with additional responsibility and full time/part-time post considered
Welling school is a vibrant 11-19, mixed, Specialist Visual Arts College. The school was rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in February 2015 and is on its journey to achieving outstanding. We are committed to ensuring that students have high aspirations and are able to achieve their full potential.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish) with exceptional subject knowledge to teach across the age and ability range and lead the key stage for which you are accountable (initially Key Stage 3). The appointed candidate will be a dynamic, hardworking teacher and a strong team player. He or she will also be expected to make a full contribution to the life of this aspiring school.
This is a strong faculty and we are seeking an enthusiastic, determined and innovative teacher to continue our school improvement agenda to develop the provision of MFL throughout the school.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about their subject with the potential and desire to continue to improve;
- have a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to raising standards across all Key Stages;
- have excellent subject knowledge and depth of understanding;
- be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential;
- be an effective and committed team player with a clear vision for development and sustained improvement in MFL
- be committed to Welling School’s mission of achieving high standards and fulfilling the expectations of all students of all abilities
In return, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve their full potential
- excellent CPD opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress;
- excellent networking opportunities including involvement in the Trust, PiXL and school partnerships;
- the use of our innovative ‘iBrary’ as an additional learning environment which has achieved Apple Regional Centre status
For the Job Description and Person Specification, please download them below or contact Ms N Whitelock, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visits to the school are encouraged.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and suitable candidates invited in for interview
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and past employment checks.