New Mills School is a medium sized 11-16 secondary school based in the High Peak close to the Peak District National Park, yet within easy reach of the centres of Stockport and Manchester.
You’ll find New Mills School a warm and welcoming place, where we pride ourselves in our inclusive educational provision, courteous atmosphere, excellent student welfare and core belief in the power of education to transform lives. The personal qualities of the successful candidate and the ability to enhance and promote our values and ethos will be important criteria for appointment.
The successful candidate will be a well-qualified subject specialist with a genuine passion for teaching French and Spanish. We would welcome applications from NQTs as well as experienced teachers.
Our perfect candidate:
• An excellent teacher of French and Spanish, with a track record of delivering successful outcomes for students.
• An enthusiastic and innovative team player dedicated to sharing good practice.
• An inclusive individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to maximising rates of progress.
We will guarantee:
• Support and provision of high quality CPD.
• A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the school.
• A community of honest, aspirational students, who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.
Application packs can be obtained from, and should be returned to Diane Barber, Head’s PA,
New Mills School, Church Lane, New Mills High Peak, SK22 4NR, or via email to email@example.com, or from the school website www.newmillsschool.co.uk.
Informal visits to the School are welcomed; to make arrangements or for further details about this vacancy please contact Diane Barber, Head’s PA on 01663 743284 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mills School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references and a Disclosure and Barring check.
New Mills School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years