Required from September 2020
Full time (Applications from good NQTs welcomed)
Somervale is a Media Arts College working as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, a multi-academy trust consisting of 7 Secondary Schools and 16 Primary Schools. The trust schools have over 8,000 students on roll. This is an exciting time to be joining the school. Our exam results have risen for the 3rd year running, 1st school in BANES for student progress and a ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted (November 2016). We are a small school by design with a roll of 545 students, allowing for a more personalised approach to teaching and learning. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (400 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. The school offers BTEC, VCERT, GCSE and A Level courses.
We are looking for a well qualified and enthusiastic person to teach French and Spanish at KS3 and one to KS4.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells
- Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
- Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
- Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
- Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
- Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
- A forward looking and innovative school
- A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Good facilities for teaching and learning
- Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
- A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
- A school where learning is really personalised
The benefit of close collaboration between the secondary maths leads and strategic support and oversight from the Director of Mathematics for the Midsomer Norton Schools’ Partnership.
Closing date for vacancy: Monday 30th March 2020
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.