Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages MPS (Outer London)
Fixed term contract for 1 year
Required: September 2019
Applications from NQTs are welcome
We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher of languages to join our supportive and successful faculty. Applicants must be able to teach French and/or Spanish. You will be committed to achieving high standards of teaching and learning through the delivery of motivating and well-planned lessons. You will be a reflective practitioner who is creative, research-engaged and unwavering in having high expectations of all pupils. French and Spanish are popular subjects in our school and in 2018 the MFL faculty achieved its highest ever GCSE French pass rate of 75% at Grades 4-9. We are very keen on trips abroad and offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities to enrich the educational experience of our pupils.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a rigorous approach to the delivery of Modern Foreign Languages across both KS3 and KS4;
• Be enthusiastic about languages with the ability to inspire, develop and encourage independence and resilience in our pupils;
• Set high standards within and beyond the faculty;
• Have outstanding classroom management skills, high expectations and a commitment to the best possible outcomes for all students;
• Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work well with other, high achieving professionals.
We can offer you:
• A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn;
• A well-resourced MFL Faculty;
• Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff;
• Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills;
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 school in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney. Closing date for applications is Thursday, 14th February 2019.