Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages – French, with the potential to teach German and/or Spanish
Full Time or Part Time applications will be considered
Permanent Contract – for 1 September 2021
£MPS/UPS £25,714 - £41,604 subject to annual progression
Are you seeking a new challenge? We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of French, with the potential to teach German and/or Spanish to KS3 and KS4 students. You will be committed to facilitating high levels of student engagement and academic progress, creating a stimulating and positive classroom ethos and fostering independent and collaborative student-led learning. The MFL department consists of highly qualified and experienced teachers and we would therefore welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
At Langley, we prioritise positive relationships between staff and students. Langley is an exciting place to learn and work. We are incredibly proud of the way our staff and young people work collaboratively to fulfil our school motto ‘to be the best we can be’.
Langley is a wonderful school to work at and learn in and, as our recent Ofsted report suggests: 'Pupils are thoroughly prepared for life in modern Britain' at our school, where the holistic approach to child centred learning is valued as highly as the outcomes they eventually achieve at the end of their time with us.
Our school’s fundamental principles focus on supporting, challenging and inspiring the whole Langley community ‘to be the best that we can be’. But these are not simply words on paper. Students, staff and governors genuinely give all they can, to bring those principles to life every day. Examinations are critically important, of course, and our students achieve superbly well in them, but we truly believe in developing young people to deal with the tests of their lifetime, not merely to endure a lifetime of tests. Everyone who visits us comments on the special ethos of our school – ‘the Langley way’.
What Matters to Us at Langley School
How we work together:
• We share a clear sense of purpose, with students at the centre of all that we do and strive for
• We are committed to investing in positive relationships to enhance all that we do, respecting and valuing differences
• We make decisions with transparency and fairness, finding a route through the difficult rather than the easy
• We take a solutions-focussed approach, concentrating on what we can do
• We have a willingness to collaborate openly and honestly with each other and as part of wider networks, adopting and adapting good practice to fit the Langley context
• We are a compassionate community with a shared set of values and a love for our very special school
Our approach with our young people:
• We encourage everyone to embody our school motto; ‘to be the best we can be’ in all that we do
• We see everyone’s potential as limitless
• We share the fundamental belief that a child’s past does not determine their future.
Our mistakes do not define us
• We see learning as an exciting gateway to opportunity
• We value every individual for their skills, talent and identity, ensuring everyone in our community is enabled to thrive
• We never give up and we are committed to finding the right path for everyone
• We want our students to leave us as successful, good people, with a healthy sense of well-being and self-confidence and to be proud of themselves and our school
If you are interested in the post and would like to find out more about our school before applying, please email our Head of MFL, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in the current circumstances we are not unfortunately able to offer pre-interview tours.
Please find attached a person specification, job description, a letter from our Headteacher and the necessary application form. We look forward to receiving your application. Please email to Headteacher's PA, Becky Friend, at email@example.com
Please note that a Microsoft Teams online or virtual recruitment process may be followed and three references would be required prior to interview.
Closing date: Friday 5 March 2021
Proposed interview date: Thursday 18 March 2021
Langley School staff, governors and students are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students and staff. Please note that Disclosure & Barring Service clearance at the appropriate level will be required for this post.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years