Teacher of Modern Languages (German & French)
- The Modern Languages department has TWO ICT room each with 32 computers and an extensive range of ML software, and all pupils are timetabled in an ICT room at least once per fortnight.
- All pupils do French + German throughout KS3, with almost all doing GCSE Fr or Gn (with A/L Fr & Gn groups).
- Our strong preference would be for a candidate who can teach French and German to at least Key Stage 3, and German to KS4 and A level.
- Nearly half of Year 8 choose to take Spanish as a voluntary third language, which can be continued on to GCSE and A-Level.
- GCSE Italian is a KS4 option.
- Extensive range of visits and exchanges, with nearly all Year 7 visiting Germany, over half of Year 8 going on a week's visit to Normandy, and then exchanges with France and Germany in Years 9 and 10 with a Year 11 & 6th Form Study visit to Paris.
- The school hosts free ICT training days for ML teachers across the country, and its interactive ML video clips and quizzes are known internationally. It is hosting the 7th ICT in Languages Conference in April.
Excellent NQT programme, commended in Investors in People Report "a great place to work". NQT salary backdated to 1st August.
The Ashcombe School is a mixed 11-18 comprehensive school for pupils of all abilities. There are approximately 1400 pupils on roll (with 250 in the Sixth Form). The school is highly sought-after, with around 240 pupils in each year. The school's academic success is widely recognised. We continue to have a broad & balanced GCSE based curriculum for all pupils (80% entered for EBacc). A fifth of pupils gain 4+ top GCSE grades (9, 8, A*), 75% gain 9-4 in English, Maths and other core subjects, and there is strong subject value-added The Sixth Form has 250 students offering 25 subjects at A-level, where the average points score per student is around 300 UCAS pts per student with low entry threshold and strong value-added at subject level.. We gained Language College Status in September 1998 and a Leadership Partner School in 2009. The school’s approach has been one of “extra opportunities” and sharing. This spirit of cooperation and partnership working is fundamental to South East Surrey Schools Education Trust (SESSET), the MAT we have formed.
See website www.ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk > "About the School" > "For prospective staff" for more details and an application form or use downloadable TES form or e-mail: HR@ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk
Closing date is noon on Monday 14th Jan 2019
THE ASHCOMBE SCHOOL,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312
Language College + Leadership Partner School
Day nursery facilities on site