The Midland Academies Trust have an opportunity for a colleague who wishes to join a strong subject community within a knowledge focused trust by appointing a Teacher of Music 0.8fte, full time considered for the right candidate, at Heath Lane Academy.
The Midland Academies Trust is a close-knit family of schools where we believe that our staff are our greatest resource. Everything we do as a Trust has to fulfil the twin aims of accelerating student progress and reducing staff workload – if it doesn’t achieve both we simply don’t do it
We want it to be easy for our staff to help students achieve well and be prepared for a successful future. That’s why we continually review how we work and actively promote teachers as experts in their classrooms; provide a curriculum which is rich and deep in knowledge and work within a network of schools committed to using and sharing research led practice. We believe in strong subject communities working together to reduce individual staff workload
By joining the Music team at Heath Lane Academy, you will not only become part of a friendly and supportive faculty, but will also join our extended subject community across the Trust. This provides unique benefits for professional development and support at subject level. Music staff across the Trust participate in, and contribute to, regular subject-specific professional development sessions. The Music curriculum was written and resourced by the entire subject community, and as a member of the wider team you will participate in ongoing curriculum development.
Our Trust commitments to every member of staff:
• Our students have clear classroom routines so no time is wasted
• Our teachers give whole class feedback, not individualised marking
• Our middle leaders focus on student learning, not data input
• Our senior leaders manage student conduct on behalf of our staff
• Our faculties plan and work together on shared approaches
• Our five year curriculum is highly ambitious and knowledge-led
• Our staff are valued as professional experts in their field
• Our Trust sets time for collaboration and learning from experts
• Our annual calendar of meetings and events are released before the start of the academic year
• Our five year, knowledge-rich curriculum features common examination boards across all schools
- We love curriculum
- We love young people
- We work for social justice
- We care for each other
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
If you would like more information please email Sue Beech, Senior Business Manager, email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College.
Heath Lane Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Heath Lane Academy is:
- A strong school at the heart of our community where pupils are safe, happy and do well.
- A school where good manners and good behaviour are the norm; where we look after one another and respect each other.
- A school where ...