Teacher of Music
Permanent, Full time
To commence from September 2018
Salary: BOA Main Scale and Upper Pay Scale
(A recruitment and retention allowance, and/or relocation allowance is available for outstanding candidates)
Birmingham Ormiston Academy (BOA) is one of the most successful state-funded, 14-19 academies in the country. We specialise in creative, digital and performing arts. Student results speak for themselves and are well above national average. Our intake is 100% selective, based on aptitude within the specialism rather than academic ability. As a result, we are unique in our admissions. Whilst students have talent in their chosen arts subjects, there is a full range of academic ability. Located in the centre of Birmingham and within the hub of the digital and creative industries in the West Midlands, we benefit from superb facilities for academic, vocational and extra-curricular activities.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Music. Students currently follow the BTEC Level 2 First Diploma at KS4 and BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at KS5. GCSE Music is a popular option choice at KS4.
This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced Music teacher. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
· Qualified teacher status and a degree
· A strong track record as an outstanding teacher of Music or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT.
· A passion for Music which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
· The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
· Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
· The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
· The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development, as a tutor, in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
· An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
· The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
· Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
· An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world-class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 30th April 2018.
Interview date: Thursday 3rd May 2018.
You can also visit www.boa-academy.co.uk
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Name: Lucie Welch (Executive Assistant)
Contact: Tel: 0121 359 9300