The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic graduate Teacher of Music to cover the current post-holder’s maternity leave.
- strong background in practical and academic Music to GCSE and A level;
- capacity to raise attainment through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- experience of the use of music technology (we have a suite of Mac computers and associated equipment);
- ability to foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- drive, enthusiasm, warmth and humour and a passion for music to convey to children and young people;
- ability to develop curriculum materials to support students at KS3, KS4 and 6th form;
- ability to assist in the organisation of and host regular music events and productions.
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of the role.
To apply, please submit a completed application form, together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one must be from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 5th October 2018.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.