Would you like to be part of a progressive team, establishing a Centre of Modern Music Excellence in a vibrant and diverse school in the heart of London?
Are you passionate about how Music can transform lives, particularly for students from disadvantaged backgrounds?
Would you like the opportunity to join a new Music Team which has secured significant funding and a professional partnership with The Roundhouse to match their ambitions for their pupils?
Would you like to work in a community school with a centralised ‘Disruption Free Classrooms’ policy, very low teacher loadings and a range of personalised CPD so that your focus is on teaching and learning, rather than behaviour?
If so, and you would like to find out more in advance of applying, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion or visit to the school.
We are looking for an ambitious, committed Teacher of Music for September 2019
Salary: Inner London MPS/UPS
This is an excellent time to join a confident, ambitious and improving school. Music education is at the centre of our future ambitions to become a hub of creativity in modern performing arts and this is a very exciting post for someone who is keen to make a huge impact through their subject.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who can demonstrate:
- An incredibly strong moral purpose evidenced through unquestionable ambition for every single student.
- Substance and credibility as a teacher practitioner.
- Passion about their subject specialism.
- Potential and desire to continue to grow professionally and transform the life chances of our students and their families.
- Genuine commitment to our vision for the school to become a centre of Modern Music excellence.
- A passion to improve opportunities for young people.
- A desire to develop pupils’ skills further by providing opportunities outside of the school day.
Haverstock is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Monday 11th February at noon
Interviews will take place on Friday 15th February
24 Haverstock Hill, Chalk Farm, London, NW3 2BQ
Tel: 020 7267 0975
Headteacher: James Hadley