Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: 1 January 2021
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
• Part-time, 0.2FTE Fridays
• MPR/UPR suitable for NQTs
• Fixed term in the first instance – 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Aug 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, creative, and inspiring teacher to join Caister Academy. The successful candidate will join a team of passionate and committed professionals, working within the Performing Arts Department. The team is comprised of music, drama, and dance, with specialists in all areas. This role will be particularly suited to teachers with evidence of supporting students to achieve success with music and performing arts, and with the ambition to support the department in making Caister Academy the lead school for Performing Arts in the County, through both outstanding academic outcomes, as well as headline extra-curricular activities and events.
Caister Academy is one of Norfolk’s leading co-educational secondary schools, situated in the coastal village of Caister, just 20 miles from the vibrant city of Norwich. It is well regarded for excellence in performing arts and English, with aspirations to lead nationally in all areas. As part of Creative Education Trust we work in collaboration with other local Academies, and receive development opportunities and support from Creative Education at a national level.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Has a passion for education and a special gift of communicating that passion.
• Is innovative, self-motivating and able to inspire others.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range.
• Has the highest expectation for the attainment of all young people.
• Enjoys working as part of a team to ensure the success of our community.
• Is driven to relentlessly remove barriers to students’ success.
In return Caister Academy will offer you:
• A thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence.
• A supportive, welcoming community of professionals.
• Extensive development and collaboration opportunities, through the Creative Education network.
For further details, or an informal discussion about the role with the Head of Performing Arts, please contact Natalie Curston email@example.com , or call 01493 720542.
Application packs are available for download at www.caisteracademy.org.uk/vacancies/. For more information on Creative Education Trust visit www.creativeeducationtrust.org.uk.
Completed applications to be marked for the attention of Ruth Woods, HR & Business Support Officer and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer. You will be required to provide references and undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. This school committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More about Caister Academy
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age Range: 11 - 16 years
Address: Windsor Road, Caister-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 5LS, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1493 720542
Caister Academy is a mixed, mainstream secondary school in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, with approximately 600 pupils aged 11-16 on roll. The most recent Ofsted report (January 2018) graded the school good across all categories.
Caister Academy is ...