BOYS’ SELECTIVE STATE SCHOOL
1213 boys on roll (382 in the Sixth Form)
Required September 2018
PART-TIME TEACHER OF MUSIC (0.5, though more time may be available for someone offering a second subject)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued
Tiffin is a leading state grammar school for boys in Kingston-upon-Thames, with an excellent reputation for music. The Tiffin Boys’ Choir performs regularly with professional orchestras and choruses, including the LSO, BBCSO, Philharmonia and Royal Opera. The choir has recently appeared on national radio and television, including BBC, ITV and Classic FM, and tours annually to destinations which have included Europe, China and Australasia. The school’s orchestras, bands and chamber music groups provide a wide range of opportunities for pupils, over 350 of whom receive individual music lessons at school each week, and over 60 of whom currently study GCSE and A-level Music. For more information about music at Tiffin, visit the websites of the Tiffin Boys’ Choir https://www.tiffinboyschoir.com and music department https://sites.google.com/tiffin.kingston.sch.uk/music The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate both in the curricular and co-curricular work of the department. To supplement the candidate’s curricular teaching, co-curricular instrumental teaching may also be available. If you are interested in working more than 0.5 and are able to offer a second subject, please specify this in your application.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
• a vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff
“an amazing school environment. Supportive and friendly staff. Incredible extra-curricular opportunities. An environment where learning for its own sake (rather than just for passing exams) is encouraged and fostered.” (current teacher)
• very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour
“as our son departs the school he certainly has an exceptional set of qualifications in his pocket, but he carries with him so much more from his time as a Tiffinian: a thirst for learning and an enquiring mind; a keen sense of self-identify; strong peer friendships as well as a bucket-full of happy memories from his schooldays.” (ex-parent)
• an opportunity to teach your subject to a high level
“as I depart for University I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all the teachers who have helped and supported me over the last seven years and allowed me to make the most of all the fantastic opportunities I have been given.” (ex-student)
• a commitment to professional development, eg, part-time study for Education Masters of Research (MResEd) at Kingston University
• a location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, Tiffin is minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
• benefits include: season ticket loan/Cycle to Work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit /free on-site parking / enhanced maternity benefits /childcare voucher scheme
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
We have also recently been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review.
Please click on the link below to apply.