Teacher of Music (Fixed term contract – to end 31 August 2022)
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of kindness, strength in diversity, respect, excellence and pride in achievement, which we call ‘The Woodbridge Way’. We enjoy an excellent reputation within the local community. We achieve impressive results year after year from a fully comprehensive intake. We are currently looking for a Teacher of Music to join our team on a fixed term contract (until August 2022). The ability to teach another subject, particularly Drama would be an advantage.
The Music department offers:
• The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of Music teaching.
• A supportive and expanding department.
• A successful and well-resourced department.
• A positive learning and teaching experience in a supportive and friendly environment which is very popular with students.
• Good results at GCSE and A Level.
• Good student uptake for A Level.
• A comprehensive NQT programme if required.
• An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher.
• Have a strong belief in comprehensive education.
• Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes.
• Be an innovative and inspirational teacher.
• Be committed to their personal and professional development.
• Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos.
• Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
• Have the ability to teach Music to A Level; the ability to teach another subject, particularly Drama would be an advantage.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
• The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school.
• A welcoming and friendly staff body.
• Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students.
• Clear behaviour systems and students who understand boundaries.
• Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion.
• Access to state-of-the-art sports and leisure facilities.
• Tailored professional development and training.
• A comprehensive staff wellbeing package.
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
We welcome applications from those returning to the profession or those who need flexible working arrangements. Please set out your situation or request as part of your application.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk. Please note the school can only consider completed school application forms and not CVs alone.
Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 19 April 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
Woodbridge High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Headteacher: Steven Hogan
Woodbridge High School is a thriving, ethnically diverse, successful comprehensive secondary school that serves its local community in the heart of Woodford. The school is a ten form entry school with 300 students in ea...