Teacher of Music
Contract: Temporary, Full / Part time (Maternity cover)
Start date: January 2019
We seek to appoint a dynamic and ambitious individual to work in a well established team in our highly regarded Music Department. The successful applicant will be passionate about inspiring our students and be a team player to work collaboratively with colleagues. This could be on a part time or full time basis.
You will be a first class musician with an ability to teach Music to KS3 and possibly KS4 and be dedicated to the promotion of musical life in the school. A commitment to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school is a prerequisite for this role.
The successful applicant will be
- Have an ability to achieve excellent results.
- Have an excellent teaching track record, as well as organisational and musical skills.
- Have the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Have a passion for music and the ability to share this with our students.
We will offer you
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
- Training to enable you to be the best you can be.
Tring School is popular and over-subscribed, serving the town of Tring and the surrounding villages. It is a mixed Church of England all-ability school, 1500 on roll, over 300 Post-16. Academic attainment is well above average and improving year on year. The school strives to support and encourage individual growth within a caring community. We have a talented team of staff who are ambitious to become outstanding in all areas of our work. Ofsted Inspection November 2017 stated: ‘Pupils are highly motivated to learn.' ‘Teaching is good overall with outstanding features.’
All staff receive high quality CPD opportunities and there is a comprehensive induction programme for NQTs.
To apply, please complete a teacher application form along with a cover letter and send to C Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: As the teacher resignation date is fast approaching, please apply as soon as possible and your application will be reviewed upon receipt.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please be advised that all appointments are subject to the successful clearance of paragraph 134 of Keeping Children safe in education 2018.