With potential to teach Music Technology for the right candidate
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed Teacher of Music from September 2019, on a full time, permanent basis.
Courses offered by the department include GCSE and A Level Music, and BTEC Music Technology. The Music department also offers students a wide range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities, including ensemble opportunities for singers and instrumentalists and regular concert performances throughout the year.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results at GCSE place us in the top 10% of schools nationally on a rolling three year basis.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- Well-qualified teacher of Music who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
- Ability to teach Music at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
- Ability to motivate students and an innovative approach to classroom practice
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, including a willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work, extra-curricular activities and the spreading of good practice
- Sound musical, instrumental and/or vocal skills
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and IT skills
- Passion for excellence and for Music
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 10am, Monday 20 May 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.