Wilmslow High School
Wilmslow, SK9 1LZ
School age range: 11-18
Number on roll: approx. 2,000 (including 500 sixth form) (11 - 18)
Salary range: Main Pay Range (£22,917 to £33,492)
Salary range: Upper Pay Range (£35,927 to £38,633)
Start date: 1st January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Maternity Cover – (Teacher of Music)
0.6 FTE this may be negotiable
(fixed term until 31.08.19 in the first instance)
Wilmslow High School is seeking to appoint Qualified (QTS) Teacher of Music. The successful candidate will teach Music across key stages 3, 4 and Key stage 5 Music (AQA A Level Music). The candidate will believe that every child is most likely to achieve their full potential when challenged in a high-expectation learning environment.
The successful candidate will:
· A high degree of subject competency and personal organization with a continuing
personal interest in, and commitment to music.
· The flair and ambition to motivate students of all abilities and develop the profile of music within the school and wider community
· A willingness to embrace new technology and techniques for promoting music, engaging students and encouraging an international perspective.
· The ability to lead instrumental and vocal ensembles
· The ability to organise and manage public and school performances such as musical theatre productions, seasonal concerts, assemblies, presentation evenings
· A good attendance record and the stamina required to cope with the demands of the post
Young people only get one chance at education; therefore, at Wilmslow High School we are committed to the pursuit of excellence for every student, every day. We do this through our dedication to learning, by being guided by values and in striving to serve.
We endeavour to preserve a happy and caring environment that is rooted in our core values, and in which staff and students can flourish, whilst challenging ourselves to pursue excellence for all our students. The school is set in extensive grounds, ideally positioned between the thriving city of Manchester and the open countryside of the Peak District.
Closing date: Friday, 14th December 2018 at 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday, 18th December 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application packs are available on line at www.wilmslowhigh.com/vacancies or www.tes.com