We are seeking to recruit a part-time, permanent Teacher of Music (13 hours per week) to start with us on 1st September 2018 who has real love, enthusiasm and passion for music and who is flexible, with high standards.
A Full-time role may be available to a candidate who is able to offer a suitable second subject/s
The successful candidate will be expected:
- To provide high quality music teaching across the school in partnership with class teachers ensuring the requirements of the National Curriculum for Music are fully met.
- To work closely with peripatetic music teachers in order to provide children with access to extra-curricular music lessons.
- To take a lead role in musical performances and festivals both within school and in association with external agencies.
- Have high expectations of our learners
- Know how to adapt your teaching style to the individual needs of your students and raise standards
- Have the ability to develop potential in others
- Be a good communicator who is able to inspire and motivate students and staff
- Have flair and vision to develop and implement new initiatives
- Be an effective leader of people and change management
- Ideally have 2 or more years of teaching experience
In return we can offer you:
- leadership development
- the opportunity to help shape the future direction of the school
- a recognised and strong commitment to continuing professional development
We have systems in place to support staff and students and this rewarding role has the potential to provide an ambitious teacher with the opportunity for valuable professional development. Leadership responsibility may be available for the right candidate.
You will work with students aged 9-13 years (Years 5-8), thus gaining combined primary and secondary experience. This is a magical age group to teach and we have the privilege of building effective long-lasting foundations for lifelong learning. We are part of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust (ODST) which enables us to offer a wide range of networking and developmental opportunities across multiple schools within the Multi-Academy Trust.
St Peter’s Church of England Middle School is on an exciting upward trajectory of rapid school improvement. We have just been awarded Ofsted 'Good' status and we are very proud of our achievements. We encourage you to visit us to see how you can contribute to our school development and student progress and attainment.
Please apply using the application form from our website www.stpetersceschool.org or contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Ravi Matharu on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office on 01753 866253.
Previous experience or current training in an educational establishment is essential. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
St Peter’s Church of England School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.