About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and expanding school opened in 2011.
In just 9 years, we are proud to have become an IB Continuum World School offering the Primary, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired Education Group (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
More information about the school can be found on our website: https://www.isbergamo.com.
We are seeking seeking an MYP Design Technology & Computer Science Teacher, who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment. He/she will be an enthusiastic professional, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate, who will provide professional expertise, high quality teaching and learning within the rapidly evolving area of IT. Knowledge of Robotics (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Mindstorms, FLL Competition..) Coding (eg. Scratch, Python), video-making as well as teaching STEM lessons and creating design experiences for MYP students will be among the main requirements for the role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in teaching Design/Computer Science at middle and high school level
- Be responsible for designing an MYP Design programme
- Have the skills to teach Computer Science at DP level should the school decide to offer the subject
- Be prepared to coordinate and teach ICT in the Primary School
- Be able to engage students at all levels
- Be willing to inspire other members of staff in the use of ICT and play an active role in the promotion of technology in school.
- Collaborate within the teaching team and interact with the school ICT technician.
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- Be expected to show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and organisational skills, as well as a commitment to co-curricula initiatives.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• English Mother Tongue
• Bachelor degree or above
• Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
• Knowledge and skills in ICT literacy
• The ability to teach other subject(s) is an added advantage.
International School of Bergamo is a growing school and there will be opportunities for professional development within this role.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates will also submit the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of three referees (within the box provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in August 2021, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.
International School of Bergamo
Via Gleno, 54, 24125, Bergamo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 12 years