About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and expanding school opened in 2011.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
More information about the school can be found on our website: https://www.isbergamo.com.
International School of Bergamo is seeking an MYP Mathematics Teacher, who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate, willing to use innovative approaches to teaching and learning in a class with students from different language backgrounds.
Applicants must have recent middle/high school experience in teaching Mathematics and be excited by the challenge of supporting the school growth through the development of the MYP curriculum (the school has currently taught up to Grade 9) as well as the preparation of the IB DP curriculum using the best principles of current educational research.
International School of Bergamo is a growing school and there will be opportunities for professional development within this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in teaching Mathematics at middle / high school level- Experience of teaching the IB is a distinct advantage, and candidates with experience in the Diploma Programme will be given priority
- Be responsible for designing a Mathematics programme for the high school
- Contribute to the development of the current brand new science laboratory
- Be able to engage students at all levels
- Be willing to play an active part and collaborate with the other members of the middle school /high school department
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- Be expected to show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and organisational skills, as well as a commitment to co-curricula initiatives.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- English Mother Tongue
- A University degree in (pure or applied) Mathematics is desired, but consideration will be given to graduates in other fields
- Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
- Knowledge and skills in ICT literacy
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completeing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates will also submit the following:
- Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
- CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
- Contact details of three referees (within the box provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in August 2019, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.