Applications are invited from charismatic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified teachers for this exciting, rewarding and demanding post.
Bristol Cathedral Choir School is looking to appoint an outstanding teacher to work in our successful PE and Games Department. The post would particularly be suited to a well-qualified hockey and netball specialist, or rugby and football specialist who is able to teach across the 11-18 age range. There is also possible leadership responsibility for the PE Curriculum for suitable candidates. The ability to teach GCSE, AS and A2 PE would be essential. The ability to teach another subject area e.g. Humanities or Biology would be an advantage.
The school enjoys a long tradition in a variety of sports and to maintain this, a commitment to the ethos of BCCS is essential from both staff and pupils. BCCS is a forward-looking school with high standards and an outstanding co-curricular programme. We regularly undertake sports tours, the most recent being to Canada, South Africa and Holland. School matches occur mid-week but the majority of the fixtures take place on Saturdays. The successful applicant will need to be willing to take part in the weekend sporting life of the school.
Specific tasks include:
- The teaching of Games to all year groups. The Games lessons take place in the afternoon at the School’s playing fields in Failand or at other local facilities.
- The teaching of PE in Years 7-9. Each class has a weekly fifty minute PE lesson based in the gym and fitness suite. The classes are mixed gender.
- The coaching of school teams. Some of our matches occur mid-week but the majority of the fixtures take place in the week. The successful applicant will need to be willing to take part in the after-school sporting life of the school.
- Attendance at Games meetings (termly) and other Department meetings as required.
- Contribution to the delivery of GCSE PE and A Level Sports Studies
- Most teachers contribute to the tutorial system in one of the Houses.
Teachers have a role within the pastoral system and the ability to contribute to co-curricular areas of BCCS life will be welcomed.
There is an outstanding programme of continuing professional development and in-service training in the school.
Further information about the school can be found on our website www.bccs.bristol.sch.uk
Please note that all posts at the School are subject to initial and periodic checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service as the school takes every measure possible to ensure the safeguarding of its students.