School name: Saint Felix School
Job title: Teacher of PE and Girls’ Games
FTE: 1 full time (1.0 FTE)
Job type: Permanent
We seek to appoint from September 2021 a dynamic and enthusiastic full-time Teacher of PE and Girls Games.
Your duties will include
• Supporting the PE Department in the delivery of curricular PE and Games lessons to girls across our Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior Departments. The ideal candidate will have ability or potential to teach A Level, GCSE and OCR National PE in addition to PE and Games
• Organise and coach sports teams in both Prep and Senior Departments
• Accompany teams to off-site fixtures
• Actively support the extra-curricular sporting programme
• Help to motivate and encourage our pupils to develop and reach their potential in sports
You will need to possess excellent communication skills, a high level of skill in either hockey, netball, cricket, athletics and have had experience of coaching in two or more of these areas.
Applications from NQTs or candidates with ASA Level 2 (minimum) in Coaching and Teaching or Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate or equivalent will be welcomed.
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: The school has its own salary scale. The salary will recognise the candidate’s experience; therefore, applicants are asked to give details of their current remuneration package on their application form.
Accommodation: Residential accommodation may be available in lieu of boarding duties
Application forms are available from Mrs Haverson, HR/Compliance, on 01502 727003; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download direct from our website at www.stfelix.co.uk.
For further information, or to send the completed application form with a short covering letter addressed to Mr J Harrison, Headmaster, Saint Felix School, Halesworth Road, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6SD should be submitted electronically by midday Wednesday 19th May to the Headmaster’s PA, Mrs C Tansley, email@example.com
Interviews will take place by arrangement in week commencing 24th May 2021
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school, they must report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Saint Felix School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
About Saint Felix School
Saint Felix, Southwold has been providing educational excellence for 120 years. A co-educational independent school for boarders and day pupils from the ages of 2 to 18.
Boarding at Saint Felix caters for full, weekly ...