The Grove, part of the Heartlands community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Teacher of PE and Special Needs for The Grove School
Salary: MPS + SEN 1
Contract: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: February 2020 or soon after
We wish to appoint a PE Teacher with an outstanding track record who is ambitious and is ready for an exciting new challenge. We are looking for a teacher to lead PE across our school, to include Forest Schools and Life Skills.
The Grove is a new Special School for autism opened in September 2018, providing places for young people between the ages of 5 and 19 on the autistic spectrum. We moved to a brand new site in September 2019 and have 70 students on roll, building to capacity of 110 over the next few years.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in the early journey of a new school; as a member of our team you will be part of the development and planning process. If you relish in being able to make your mark with innovative and creative practice and you are excited about making a real difference then this role will provide you with the scope to achieve this.
The post holder will be responsible for leading and delivering PE across the school, in addition, deliver a Forest Schools Curriculum and our Life Skills Programme. The post holder will be expected to work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams, across schools within the borough and beyond and promote inclusive opportunities to work alongside our mainstream colleagues. Leading clubs and enrichment activities will be an important aspect of this role.
The successful candidate will be required to:
● Have previous experience of working within an Inclusive team;
● Have had either primary school training or be able to teach a primary style curriculum as adopted within special schools;
● Have previous experience of teaching in an Autism-specific environment;
● Work closely within the school team;
● Have a passion for Autism Education and the Inclusion Agenda;
● Have experience of completing SEN assessments and differentiated plans;
● Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis;
● Be a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive;
● Work within and contribute to the school community;
● Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
● Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
● Be able to teach across the full age range and work successful in partnership with others
● Be committed to professional development and training to widen skill set and improve the quality of provision
Please contact our Office Manager, Lorraine Bellot on 020 3876 6555 or send an email to email@example.com if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Application packs can be downloaded from TES online or the school website: www.thegroveschool.co.uk
Completed application forms, with a covering letter addressed to the Head Teacher, Ms Lucia Santi, should be returned to our office manager Lorraine Bellot at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 a.m. on Monday 20th January. Shortlisting will take place between 21st - 23rd January and Interviews will take place the week on 27th and 28th January 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.