An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teachers of Boys PE, to join our successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational individual with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. The successful candidate will teach PE across Key Stages 3, 4. The ability to teach at ‘A’ Level PE or Psychology is desirable. We are looking for passionate and inspirational professionals who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and are prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs.
In the PE Department we have:
· Superb facilities including full sized floodlit astro turf, sports hall, gym, large playing fields and recently resurfaced courts
· A full extra-curricular programme with school teams in all ages
· A well-established successful GCSE Physical Education course
· An enthusiastic and supportive department team
· Hard working students with excellent kit and participation rates
· A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
The Marches School is a successful, forward-thinking 11-18 Academy, with 1,320 students currently on roll. Located in the attractive border town of Oswestry, the school enjoys a semi-rural location, within walking distance of the town centre. In 2013, The Marches opened its doors to the school's first ever Sixth Formers and now delivers a broad range of A-Levels and boasts modern, spacious Sixth Form Facilities.
At The Marches School we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
• Hard working students
• An excellent opportunity to develop your career
• CPD opportunities
The Marches is a thriving school, dedicated to ensuring students feel fully supported in all that they do. Learning radiates well beyond the classroom, with a vast array of extra-curricular activities, trips and educational visits taking place each term. Facilities at the school are exceptional, providing students with access to state of the art ICT equipment, extensive sports facilities and fully equipped classrooms.
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying, to visit the school on Thursday 15th March at 9.40am. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Julia Hipkiss, HR/Personnel Administrator email@example.com
Closing date is midnight on Wednesday 21st March 2018
Interviews will be on Monday 26th March 2018.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.marchesschool.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
* Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.