Affordable shared accommodation available from August 2019
At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We want our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. We have recently updated our school vision, which is "committed to excellence". This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We’re at an exciting time in our development of our innovative school improvement partnership with Sycol. Through this, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. We run termly innovation improvement projects to ensure that systematic school improvement is embedded in everything we do. These projects involve every member of staff which helps us quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team.
We are a small school at the moment with ambition to grow in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon to help us with this. Despite our small size, we maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Our ambition is for the school to have a STEAM focus (the ‘A’ is for Art). As part of the our facilities planning process we plan to introduce a unique curriculum in Robotics to support students’ learning in STEAM subjects, whilst at the same time improving our performing arts and other curriculum learning spaces. Within the PE Department, we have a strong GCSE PE uptake each year. Our after school sports clubs are well attended. We have a state of the art 4G All Weather Pitch part funded by The Football Foundation which is popular with our students and widely used in the evenings and weekends by the local community. There are therefore many opportunities for our students to participate in sporting activities to supplement their school learning.
We are looking for excellent practitioners who will:
- Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of school- wide continuous improvement;
- Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in PE;
- Raise the profile of the PE department through contributions to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
- Great support and training as you develop your career;
- The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school;
- A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every Friday to promote a good work / life balance;
- A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
- The potential for a pastoral TLR (confirmed vacancies will be advertised before Easter. If you are interested in this, please include a paragraph on your supporting statement);
- The opportunity to rent at affordable prices for up to two years (we are converting an old Caretaker’s House at the front of the site to shared accommodation for teaching staff).
A Job Description & Person Specification plus an application form can be found on our website : www.northolthigh.org.uk
Please email your application to the Headteacher’s PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 9am, Monday 18 March 2019
Interviews to be held: Thursday 21 March 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check.. Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about