We are looking to appoint a Teacher of PE, with some maths and science. The purpose of the job will be to:
• To be an excellent teacher, with drive, passionate and commitment to ensure students succeed. To be dedicated to providing the best possible learning experiences, which lead to great outcomes for students.
Science/Maths: There would be a small commitment to teach approximately 7 lessons of KS3 maths/science per week. The rest would be PE.
All Saints Academy is an 11-18 school in the heart of Plymouth. We have 700 students on roll and are growing by the day. We value our staff and do this by having sensible policies and clear systems in place, such as:
- We do not expect staff to write endless feedback to students. We do not do WWW or EBI but instead have a fast whole class feedback approach and live marking.
- We do not expect you to set homework. This is already planned and set for you with our Knowledge Organisers.
- You will not be expected to attend pointless meetings. We value CPD time and to that extent end our school day early once a fortnight to focus on this.
- We do not grade lessons or have formal observations. Instead we invest in weekly incremental coaching, where all staff have a trained coach to watch parts of a lesson and feedback. You will get more out of this than any formal observation or training course.
- Your lessons won’t be disrupted by poor behaviour as we have a Ready to Learn Centre where students go if they can’t focus in your lesson.
- Your lessons will be planned for you, using high quality schemes of learning developed by expert leaders across the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust. You will be free to deliver these how you please, but there is no need or expectation to be planning every night of the week!
- We do not ask teaching staff to do a duty (either at break, at lunch or before/after school).
- We have corporate membership to the Elfordleigh Hotel and use this for staff events/training. Staff also can access discounted membership rates for their spa and sports facilities.
- Staff can access free health checks with Nuffield Health.
We wish to appoint an outstanding candidate for the role, who has an excellent track record for improving outcomes for children. We work in partnership with the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust. If you’d like a tour of the Academy or an informal conversation with the Headteacher, please contact Katie Plant, Headteacher’s PA on email@example.com to request this.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.