A Head of Year position may be available for the right candidate (£6,513pa)
This leading selective girls’ state secondary school requires a well-qualified, motivated teacher of PE to join a thriving PE department. The successful candidate will be an all round PE specialist who can teach the major curriculum activities including netball, hockey, tennis, athletics, gym and dance. The school has floodlit astroturf and netball courts and 2 gyms.
The school has an excellent reputation for team success at local, county and national levels. We run an extensive fixture list, competing predominantly against independent schools, and offer a well-established and flourishing extra-curricular programme. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to be committed to supporting the full range of fixtures and clubs outside of school, and the lunchtime extra-curricular provision.
The successful candidate will need to:
- be an excellent practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
- provide extensive opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful PE department
- an exceptional CPD provision tailored to your needs including a well-developed NQT programme
- the opportunity to join a wide range of teacher led working parties focusing on whole school initiatives or areas of research and development
For further details and a downloadable application form please see our web site on www.tiffingirls.org or contact the school office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CV's WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Closing date: Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Interviews: Wed 2 May 2018.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.