We are currently looking to appoint an energetic and driven Teacher of PE to join us in making a valued difference at this brand-new Academy. This role will likely suit a teacher with a passionate approach to the delivery of sport and physical education.
Located within easy reach of both Clapham Common and Clapham South tube stations, Harris Academy Clapham is at the heart of Lambeth. Your work will have the power to transform life opportunities where it is needed most. Working alongside Harris Federation colleagues who have wide experience experience in opening new schools, you will shape the ethos and culture of these new academies for the benefit of children in South London.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a superb range of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whether in our Harris Academy Clapham or in one of our 47 academies. Your ambitions are ample to the growing success of our academies, maintaining this means putting your ambitions first with a strong career progressive culture. Join us in our mission to positively contribute to cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need to be:
- Subject expertise – you will have excellent subject knowledge and be committed to on-going professional development.
- Flexibility – we are a new school with just Year 7. We will have to work together.
- Commitment – we will all need to go above and beyond to make Harris Academy Clapham the best it can be.
- Team player – all work is everybody’s work.
- Sense of humour – Join us in creating a happy and healthy learning culture for our staff andstudents.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Clapham
Our school motto, ‘Everything is possible’ encompasses the opportunities we will offer our students and staff to become the best version of themselves they can possibly be.
Being a brand-new secondary school opening in September 2020 with students in Year 7, allows us to shape a curriculum that is firmly embedded in values of integrity and honesty; developing our students to become global citizens. Our students will be both curious and tenacious about their own learning – as will you. Our purpose-built building will have state-of-the-art specialist facilities that include design technology, performing and creative arts as well as dedicated science and PE areas.
You will have a passion to develop not only yourself but also your students. A close working relationship with the Clapham Sixth Form opening in 2021, allows our students to see their time with us as a 7-year journey and you to teach across the age range.
Why apply to Harris Academy Clapham
- Work with two experienced senior leaders to establish and embed the vision and ethos of a new academy
- Have a unique opportunity to be part of an establishing team of staff
- Receive excellent staff training and development opportunities tailored to your career aspirations
- Make a difference to the lives of our students through excellent subject knowledge and pastoral care so that the highest standards of learning and behaviour are maintained
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.