Why apply to be a teacher of PE at Riverside?
Riverside School opened in September 2012 with one Year 7 cohort of 120 students. In September 2017 we move into our new state-of the-art £45m building on the bank of the Thames with 1000 students from Year 7 to 12; we will grow to 2000 over the next 5 years. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It is a very special place to work.
Our relentless focus is on teaching and learning while developing great teachers is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and generous time to plan means teachers are motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
The PE department offers a full and broad range of learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom;
We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic teacher of PE with excellent subject knowledge and the ability to be at the forefront of KS 3&4 teaching to join our highly successful and collaborative department.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for PE which is evident in their day to day teaching.
- Be a highly competent teacher.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute fully to extracurricular activities.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner with focusses on continuous learning and development of practice.
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson studies which provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- The chance to join a growing school with further opportunities for progression as the school reaches capacity.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- Purpose built and well-furnished classrooms in a brand new £45 million school.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon – Monday 19th March 2018. To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/. Visits to the school before application are welcomed. Please contact Headteacher: Andy Roberts, on 020 3946 5888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon – Monday 19th March 2018
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: MPS or UPS (Inner London) £28,660 - £39,006 or £43,616 - £47,298 dependent on experience.
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.