Teacher of PE
Full time (Maternity Cover) – January 2020 or sooner
At Magna Academy we are wholly ambitious for every child to have an education that will give them an enriching and fulfilling life. Our Academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work and was graded as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in June 2015 and December 2018. In 2018, Magna achieved a Progress 8 score of 1.15, placing us 24th nationally (top 1%) and has achieved excellent results again in 2019. We value our staff highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure teachers can really focus on the core purpose – teaching in a sustainable way.
What we offer:
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD starts as soon as you are appointed
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- Opportunity to teach at KS3, KS4 and potentially KS5
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities
- A professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Lead Practitioner (LP) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) routes
- State of the art facilities and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher of PE who has a passionate belief in the ability for all to succeed. They will be a conscientious and enthusiastic team player who will be joining at an exciting time with the growth of new teams and sports opportunities for students.
Located next to a sports centre, there are fantastic facilities and a desire to introduce sports academies and coaching over the academic year. This position has arisen due to maternity leave, although as the academy grows, there will be growth within the department. There may also be an opportunity for additional responsibility as a Behaviour Lead for the right candidate.
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
How to Apply:
Please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an on-line application.
Please contact email@example.com or 01202 604222 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Tuesday 15 October 2019
Interviews: Week Beginning 21 October 2019
Learn more about Magna Academy at: www.magna-aspirations.org
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post