Teacher of PE
MPS/UPS (£23720 - £39406)
Start date: September 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS (£23720 - £39406)
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for experienced teachers who have an aspiration to progress in to Middle Leadership
Are you someone that loves your subject and enjoys the challenge of inspiring others with your knowledge and passion? Would you like to work in the stunning South Somerset countryside with an Academy that has a great record for developing its people? If you’re looking to be a future leader, this could be the School for you.
What we offer:
- The PE department is made up of friendly practitioners that are passionate about teaching their subject. Our team take a collaborative approach to their work and often engage in after school activities to bond and help the work life balance.
- We have access to a sports hall, gymnasium, and outdoor netball courts with a large school field which has a football pitch, rugby pitch, 9 a side football/hockey pitch and full size athletics track in the summer
- We run an extensive range of clubs at lunch times ranging from the traditional sports to boxing and dance and also run a wide range of teams across all year groups who compete in county cup and district competitions
- We are set in a rural location in the South Somerset countryside within a mile of the A303, close to Yeovil and benefit from exceptionally good rail links to major cities in the UK including London , Bristol, Bath & Exeter
- Our biggest and proudest asset as a School is our CPD opportunities for staff which includes but is not limited to: Accredited NQT induction programmes, in house middle leader training programme, mentoring opportunities and links with other Schools through Mid Somerset Consortium & Taunton & South West Teaching Alliance.
For more information about the role, department and letter from our Principal Amy Joynes, please view the Teacher of PE Recruitment Pack below.
What you offer:
- A clear passion for your subject with the ability to build relationships quickly and immerse yourself in Academy life as a big team player.
- High expectations for all your students and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23 April 2019 12 noon and candidates selected for interview will be informed by Friday 26 April 2019. Interview date Wednesday 1 May 2019
For further information contact, Liz Joynes by telephone: 01935 827240, or by e-mail: LJoynes@educ.somerset.gov.uk or visit our website www.stanchester-academy.co.uk
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure.