Teacher of PE
• Outstanding sports centre (6 badminton courts) South East Regional Centre of Excellence for Volleyball, + separate gym and Hall
• 45 pupils do GCSE PE and 15 do A/L PE each year.
• Wide range of extra-curricular activities offered with national and county success.
• The school promotes a "Sports for All" philosophy with a clear focus upon enthusing as many pupils as possible to enjoy physical activity and achieve success.
• We are proud of the school's sporting reputation which is recognised by the Government's "Sportsmark Award" and the YST Gold Partner Award for excellent provision of Physical Education and Sport.
- Full and part time applications are welcome.
- Flexibility in the delivery of the various subjects detailed above is desirable.
Excellent NQT programme, praised in Investors in People Report "a great place to work". This is one of many positive comments in the Report reflecting the strong support for all staff. “The content and pace of the school’s NQT programme and the support provided by mentors is rated highly” with one NQT confirming “You felt supported, not overburdened or pressurised”. The Report continues: “people value the breadth of opportunities for development - 'They've progressed me so far since I've been here'
The Ashcombe School is a mixed 11-18 comprehensive school for pupils of all abilities. There are approximately 1390 pupils on roll (with nearly 300 in the Sixth Form). The school is highly sought-after, with around 230 pupils in each year.
The school's academic success is widely recognised. We continue to have a broad & balanced GCSE based curriculum for all pupils (80% entered for EBacc). A fifth of pupils gain 2+ A* GCSE, 75% gain 9-4 in English + Maths, similarly 70-80% A*-C in the other core subjects, and there is strong subject value-added The Sixth Form has nearly 300 students offering 25 subjects at A-level, where the average points score per student is around 300 UCAS pts per student with low entry threshold and strong value-added at subject level.
We gained Language College Status in September 1998. The school’s approach has been one of “extra opportunities” and sharing. We became a Leadership Partner School in 2009 and the school continues to have a strong outward-facing approach and offers help to many schools. This spirit of cooperation and partnership working is fundamental to South East Surrey Schools Education Trust (SESSET), the MAT we have formed as a partnership with 2 other like-minded schools to keep the ethos of the school the same.
Our extensive extra-curricular opportunities range from sporting events to local and international trips (incl Build Africa in Uganda) to European exchanges to musical groups and our highly acclaimed dramatic and musical productions.
We are a high achieving genuinely comprehensive school with a strong 6th Form, praised in the Ofsted report for the exceptional pastoral care and high levels of attainment across the ability range.
To apply please use the downloadable TES form or see school website for application form and e-mail completed form to: HR@ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk
Closing date is 4pm on Wednesday 24th April 2019
THE ASHCOMBE SCHOOL, Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312 www.ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk
Day nursery facilities on site