Located 10 miles northwest of Manchester with excellent motorway access, Bolton Sixth Form College is a vibrant, highly aspirational, high achieving Sixth Form College of c.1500 students. A modern building with fantastic facilities, it is located in the newly developed education sector of the town centre and offers a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC programmes.
Innovative and forward thinking, the college has a key focus on teaching learning and assessment in the college, placing the student at the centre of all its provision and actively encourage them to achieve their full potential in every unit.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to achieve their full potential, then we would like to hear from you for the post of:
Part Time Teacher of Performing Arts (0.75 FTE) – Maternity Cover
Starting on 23rd August 2017 for a full academic year, the successful applicant will be required to teach A Level Drama (Edexcel specification) and Btec Performing Arts, preparing the students for both written and practical exams. This is a popular programme of study enhanced by the opportunity to join the Performing Arts Academy which has been established with the support of The Octagon Theatre Bolton and provides greater opportunities for students to access theatre and performing arts with additional workshops enhancing studies and helping to develop essential skills associated with performance.
The successful applicant will be required to:
Organise trips and theatre visits for both enrichment purposes and also to fulfil A Level exam requirement’s
Oversee the Performing Arts Academy including liaison with schools, universities, local businesses and The Octagon Theatre Bolton.
Organise public performance exams and shows in line with the national assessment guidelines for both A Level and Btec.
Timetable and oversee the enrichment programme in Performing Arts including the production of one large scale performance at a public theatre.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has the ability to engage students and offers excellent subject knowledge and experience of performing
- Has an understanding / experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
- Has knowledge and understanding of current teaching and learning strategies in performing arts
- Has the ability to teach inspirational and outstanding lessons to a range of abilities
- Has a desire to share good practice and to make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
- A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
- Salary ranging from £22,934 - £38,364 (Sixth Form College Association Teaching Pay Scale)
- Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
- NQT first year guidance with timetable remission and senior management led support
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU
The closing date for applications: Wednesday 24th May 2017 @ midnight
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 6th June 2017
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service