JOB TITLE: Teacher of Performing Arts – Music with Drama
Grade and Salary: Main Scale (£23,720-£35,008 per annum)
Working pattern: Full-time
Contract term: Fixed term for one year to cover maternity leave
Location: Ashfield School, Sutton Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8HP
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Performing Arts to join our Performing Arts team at Ashfield School from 1 September 2019 for one year. Within your role you will be responsible for inspiring students through your passion for teaching by driving and maintaining high standard of results.
Ashfield School is a thriving school (NOR 2600) with a large and very successful Post 16 Centre and will provide outstanding professional development opportunities for talented and ambitious teachers. The successful applicant will be joining a “Good” school (Ofsted March 2016) with students who are a delight to teach and a very supportive and cohesive staff team.
The successful candidate will be committed, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved. The post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher with excellent subject knowledge, a willingness to learn and a passion for teaching.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Competitive pay scales - our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
• The ability to work flexibly.
• Career-Average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Tuesday, 21st May 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews will be held on: Friday, 24th May 2019
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.