Teacher of Physical Education
Full time, permanent post, starting 1st September 2021
Salary Range: MS/UPR (£25,045 - £41,602)
NOR: 1418, including 323 in sixth form
Our School and job opportunity:
This is an excellent opportunity to join our ‘Outstanding School’ (Ofsted May 2017). Chipping Campden School is a mixed comprehensive, 11-19 converter academy, located in the beautiful Cotswolds. Our School has an enviable local and regional reputation and continues to go from strength to strength with fantastic results and committed, supportive staff.
This is a great time to join our thriving and dynamic team of PE specialists within the school and we are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and talented Teacher to teach across a variety of activities mainly at KS3 and KS4 with the possibility of some Level 3 Cambridge Technical (CTEC)/A level teaching.
This is a full-time position incorporating the flexibility and ability to teach a second subject. The ability to teach rugby, football, cricket and hockey along with summer athletics would be a distinct advantage.
The department currently comprises of five highly valued, experienced Teachers who teach all students at KS3 and KS4 and the subject is a popular choice at GCSE and A Level. Our teachers are specialists in their subject areas and are supported by a senior leadership team, which consists of the Principal, two Vice Principals and five Assistant Principals (including SENDco). Each faculty area has a Director of Learning and with Associate Heads of Faculty for English, Mathematics and Science.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and inspiring Teacher of Physical Education (Early Career or experienced) with an ability to teach this subject across the full age and ability range. You will be able to widely share your passion and enthusiasm for the subject and have the drive and commitment to take an active part in our diverse extra-curricular activities.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Appropriate experience of teaching across the full age and ability range
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Physical Education and a commitment to its place in the school curriculum
• Familiar with AQA, OCR and CTEC exam boards
• Ability to work as an effective part of a team
• Willingness to take an active role in the extra-curricular programme
• Enthusiasm for your subject with the ability to communicate that to others
• The ability to communicate clearly with good interpersonal skills
• Excellent practical skills combined with good classroom management and organisational skills
• The ability to inspire all students to achieve their full potential
Why work with us?
We deliver a vibrant comprehensive curriculum which is broad and balanced and continues to produce outcomes well in excess of the national norms at GCSE (sig+) and post-16 (sig+). We provide a fully supportive working environment where staff can flourish. We are continually developing and improving our facilities. During recent years, the school has enjoyed major improvements to its fabric the most recent of which has been an extended state of the art sixth form, an additional science centre, new inclusion centre and further classrooms. We have extensive playing fields and recreation areas and a full size floodlit artificial grass hockey and football pitch. Most of our classrooms are equipped with Apple Interactive TV’s and Wi-Fi with the vast majority of resources available through our virtual learning platform. In order to support the use of technology to enhance learning in the classroom, teachers are issued with an iPad and the vast majority of our students participate in our community one to one iPad scheme.
Additional Staff Benefits
• Free on-site gym and swimming pool
• Teachers’ Pension scheme membership
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle lease scheme
• Health and Wellbeing initiatives
• 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health confidential support services
• Freshly prepared meals, cooked on site
Full details about our school can be found on our website www.campden.school select school information/work here/vacancies for an application form. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of this role, please contact Mr T Cole Head of PE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 10am on Monday 26th April 2021. Completed applications or enquiries can be sent to HR email@example.com
Chipping Campden School Academy is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be
Chipping Campden School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years