TEACHER OF GIRLS PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Part-time temporary position
Required for September 2018
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of girls' PE who are looking to join an outstanding school committed to academic and pastoral excellence.
The successful candidate would be required to teach GCSE Dance.
This full-time temporary post provides an exciting opportunity for NQTs looking to join a highly successful and extremely supportive department or experienced colleagues seeking to further their experience in a high achieving 11-18 school. The successful candidate will be joining a thriving and collaborative department which makes valuable contributions to the curricular and extra-curricular life of our school.
St. Peter’s Catholic School is a popular, oversubscribed and successful school. We pride ourselves on the excellent academic standards that we achieve across all key stages; the pastoral care that we provide and the enrichment opportunities that we offer. As a Teaching School, we take a leading role in Initial Teacher Training, Continuing Professional Development and Research and Development and are involved in a number of national initiatives and projects.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be a good/outstanding class practitioner
• Be both creative and independent in their teaching
• Be able to engage and enthuse pupils in learning at all times
• Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
• Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
• Support the ethos of St. Peter’s School
What we can offer:
• To work with a vibrant, confident staff and pupils
• To work in a school with high expectations and high standards of achievement and behaviour
• To work with supportive families
• Outstanding professional development linked to leadership at all levels
• A positive, warm and supportive working environment where everyone feels valued
St. Peter’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks as appropriate.
An Application Form and further details are available from the School Website or from the School Office. Please note CV’s are not accepted. Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Ian McMahon, Head of PE, in order to arrange a time.