The INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF SIENA
is seeking to appoint a
Teacher of Physics and Mathematics (IB DP & MYP)
to join us in September 2019
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: 16th August 2019
The International School of Siena is focused on facilitating a meaningful education which is based on high achievement and inquiry based learning. The school consists of small classes, one class per grade. Our IB programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence as well as equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary for the 21st century.
In October 2018 the International School of Siena moved into a new purpose built campus. This is an exciting phase for our development in our new school facility which includes a spacious indoor gymnasium, well designed classrooms, libraries and science labs.
We are fully authorised to deliver the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP), with our first class starting the IB Diploma Programme in September 2019.
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (the International Schools of Europe) which in turn are part of Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools. (www.inspirededu.co.uk), offering global best practice and professional development.
More information about the school and area can be found on our website at http://www.internationalschoolofeurope.it/en/siena
We are seeking to appoint a teacher of DP Physics (SL/HL) and Mathematics (SL/HL) to join a developing department in our high school section. Applicants must have high school experience in teaching Physics and Mathematics (such as IB MYP, DP, IGCSEs, A-levels, AP) and be interested in some teaching across the Middle school age range.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher with experience of enabling pupils to achieve their potential. We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching, which will inspire our students.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our secondary school, to a successful and growing science department, in addition to teaching in the IB Diploma.
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent experience teaching Physics and Mathematics within the 11-18 age range;
• to be able to contribute to curriculum development in Physics and Mathematics
• to be a fluent English Speaker
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
Experience in teaching the IB MYP or DP would also be beneficial, although not essential, as official IB training will be offered.
Why work with us:
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
• IB professional development during employment
• A competitive salary
• Support settling in to Italy with our Relocation Agents
• An international campus in Siena, Italy and a school where teachers are respected as professionals and afforded autonomy to teach in the most innovative and effective ways.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF file containing the following to our MYP & DP Coordinator, Mr Lucio Pessia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of application;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment).
The International School of Siena is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory ‘Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check and/or Italian Police check’