Teacher of Physics
DATES: Apply by midday on Friday 22nd January 2021
TITLE: Teacher of Physics
SALARY: M1 – UPS3
LOCATION: Nishkam High School – Birmingham
REPORTING TO: Faculty Leader
TO COMMENCE: Summer Term 2021 or Sept 2021(suitable for NQTs)
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time - Permanent
Nishkam High School, Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding school with outstanding results and outcomes for children:
For a detailed review of student outcomes see advert attached.
Science ‘value added’ for all pupils at GCSE was in the top quintile of all schools nationally in both 2017/18 and 2018/19.
We welcome applications from candidates still completing their Teacher Training programme.
The opportunity to teach Physics across Key Stages 3 – 5. You will liaise with other members of the science faculty to plan lessons, schemes of learning and assessments that inspire pupils to fall in love with physics; your passion for your subject will be evident and you will share and explain the key concepts that underpin current scientific thinking.
You will be joining a vibrant faculty that is characterised by passion for their subjects and the support of students and each other. There will be a tailored support programme in place for the successful candidate.
Ideally you will be:
• a graduate with QTS or on the way to achieving QTS
• able to inspire pupils to go beyond their expectations with a real passion for your subject
• a creative and inventive professional, committed to being a positive role model for children
• enthusiastic about contributing to the wider life of the school
• keen to play a key role in the interventions and support given to students who require help
We will offer you:
• a staff development programme of two hours per week designed to further knowledge and skills
• bright, enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who are eager to learn and are proud of their school community
• a school rated ‘outstanding’ in all areas in both its OFSTED Section 5 inspection and its faith Section 48 inspection
• a subject mentor and whole school mentor (if you are an NQT) to support you through your probationary period
• an inspirational work environment that values, and nurtures, your development
• a professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff
• modern, well-resourced working environment with excellent ICT facilities
• opportunities for involvement in the wider pastoral and extra-curricular life of the school
• pathways to advance your career
Nishkam High School opened in September 2012. The video footage on YouTube showing the ‘Building of Nishkam High School’ is an essential starting point for any interested candidate. The ‘new’ DfE built school opened in April 2014 and a visit to our truly inspirational building is highly recommended. Please contact the school on: 0121 348 7660 and we will be happy to make arrangements for you to have a look around.
OFSTED visited one day after the new school was opened. Read the details of their judgements at:
The Trust You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust, which is a flagship DfE Free School Trust, and the first multi-faith academy trust in the UK. At the core of Nishkam education is the twin pursuit of nurturing a strong virtues-led approach to life and academic excellence.
• You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=86 or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660.
• Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Friday 22nd January 2021.
• Successful applicants will be contacted by Thursday 28th January 2021.
• Interviews will be held virtually and/or in person on Tuesday 2nd February 2021.
This is a key role within the school but the successful candidate will also be expected to work closely with the Trust Directors and contribute to driving the standards agenda forward in all Nishkam schools. A flexible, innovative and energetic approach is, therefore, an essential requirement, as is a commitment to being a team player.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Nishkam High School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Nishkam High School is a mixed, comprehensive, Sikh secondary school with sixth form and partnering nursery and primary schools, situated in north-west Birmingham. It is supported by The Nishkam School Trust, which also operates schools in West Londo...