- Teach Physics to small classes of able and enthusiastic international students.
- From GCSE, A level and International Foundation
- Join a team of passionate, friendly and tenacious teachers in one of the strongest physics departments we think you'll ever see.
- One third of our A level students move to the top 5 UK universities.
Responsible to: Head of Department
Responsible for: All Students
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm Start date: ASAP
Remuneration Package: £25,338 - £44,377 per annum, DOE
About the Alpha Plus Group
The Alpha Plus Group was founded in 1931 and currently comprises eighteen independent schools and colleges. The schools and colleges within the group have developed a longstanding reputation for delivering premium quality education. Alpha Plus Education Limited (APEL) provide student accommodation across the UK. Students have a personal tutor at the college with whom they meet regularly to discuss their personal and academic progress and any welfare concerns.
The Physics Department at Abbey Cambridge is a large and very successful department of committed professionals who are passionate about the subject. We come from a range of backgrounds and experiences and we work together as a friendly and mutually supportive team.
Overall responsibilities and duties
- Delivering high quality lessons
- Facilitating the college’s goal of high student academic achievement
- Informing parents about student progress
- Engaging in the college’s pastoral care for all students in the college
- Engaging in appraisals and reviews, and taking part in training and development
The above list is not exhaustive other reasonable duties may be required
Qualifications and Personal Development
Essential: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject
Desirable: Teaching qualification; Other post graduate qualification
Essential: Subject knowledge suitable to the post applied for
Desirable: Knowledge of alternative examination boards for this subject; Knowledge of other associated curricula
Essential: A minimum of two years’ teaching experience for those without a teaching qualification.
We accept applications from NQTs and provide a programme to support their QTS year at the college.
Desirable: Experience of teaching international students
Essential: Good communication, presentation, planning and organisational skills
Desirable: A proficiency in ICT and its application to learning and teaching
Essential: Commitment to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice; A high degree of personal accountability and the capacity to use judgement and initiative.
Desirable: An ability to relate to students from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
This post is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure
To apply, pelase visit:
The post holder is expected to work within policies and procedures of Foundation and be committed to its values and expectations. This includes promoting and demonstrating the principles of equal opportunity (including encouraging diversity and tackling discrimination) and sensitivity to the environment.