Dubai College is seeking to appoint a lively, enthusiastic and highly committed Teacher of Physics to this thriving and successful department. As a teacher at Dubai College you will be expected to monitor, assess and evaluate the learning which is taking place and then report the findings to students and parents and adapt your teaching accordingly. You will also take responsibility for your own professional development and actively seek out opportunities in order to contribute to your own professional growth with support from the College. Finally, you will also recognise that your role extends far beyond the classroom: you will be expected to be a form tutor to an assigned group of students, contribute to the school’s PSHE programme through Enrichment Days, tutor time and class assemblies, as well as lead at least one extra-curricular activity per week and participate in one whole-school event in an evening or on a weekend at least once per term.
All applicants must:
• have a good honours degree in Physics, with appropriate qualifications for teaching the subject to A Level
• have Qualified Teacher Status and a minimum of two-years teaching experience post qualification
• have experience of teaching A Level and GCSE Physics in a British curriculum school
• be able to work as a member of a team and contribute to the further development of the department
In addition the successful candidate will:
• be expected to teach Physics throughout Key Stages 3 to 5 and be able to stretch the most able students and support all students
• be able to demonstrate excellent skills in classroom practice using a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• be an enthusiastic, creative and innovative teacher with a genuine love of the subject, who can motivate and inspire students using a wide range of teaching strategies
• be fully aware of Assessment for Learning and include AFL as an integral part of classroom practice
• be able to work as a member of a team and to contribute to the further development of the department
• be committed to his/her own professional development, and in particular to the use of ICT as a tool for teaching and learning
• involve himself / herself fully in the College’s extra-curricular programme where applicable
A full job specification for this role is available on our website http://www.dubaicollege.org/join-us/recruitment/teaching together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for full-time staff for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we select staff that understand and share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtain a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided or was employed in, which may include Disclosure and Barring checks.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com using the application form available on our website. The deadline for applications is Thursday 4th February and interviews will be held the following week. For candidates outside of the UAE, there is the potential for a final stage interview in Dubai following the initial round.
Dubai College, UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 11 - 18 years
Dubai College was established forty-three years ago and has a national and international reputation as a world class learning organisation. We are an independent, coeducational, not-for-profit, selective school following an adapted Englis...